Wednesday, April 1, 2026

Baseball, Early Rising, Reading, Media Junkie, Gratitude, Exercise

 Yesterday evening I enjoyed watching the MLB premium channel for the regular lineup of contests, minus those being visually blocked for including Florida teams like Tampa Bay and Miami.  It's fun to follow the flow of an inning, with the pitcher scrambling to get in his throws before the timer expires.  My favorite action involves fly balls that compel fielders to chase the dropping ball, sometimes resulting in collisions and comedic falls.  So far I've been impressed with the pitching and general play of the Texas Rangers,  especially with regard to attaining and maintaining middle-and-late inning leads against Baltimore.  Philadelphia provided some late-game excitement against Washington when centerfielder Brandon Marsh bravely chased down and caught a deep fly ball that came close to escaping the ball park...that play ended the game.  Today I'll be checking out the schedule to see what's available. This morning I, too, bravely rose out of bed to run 10 minutes in-place and brew a pot of coffee.  There's still that Shadow Magic novel by Joshua Khan I have as a reading project.  The narrative still seems uninteresting to me...the gloomy Gehenna setting is something that I would like to thoroughly avoid, and I simply cannot relate in any fashion to the characters.  Still, this is a good habit I'm working on. And speaking of the news, I expect our presidential media whore to monopolize TV coverage while he continues his prima Donna life's mission to transform my already-humble existence into a reality TV episode.  Let's just see if I can't stay at home and live a peaceful, grateful life away from the manipulation while watching my eating and hydration.  And making progress with my fitness efforts would be quite fine, too.  So how about sitting placidly outside and/or watching YouTube self-improvement channels... 

No comments:

Post a Comment