Friday, May 16, 2025

Medical Test Result Encouraging

 Yesterday I drove down to one of my healthcare provider's offices to get blood drawn to ascertain my PSA (protein-specific antigen) level some two months following my prostatectomy. It's set up this way in order to give the body the chance to eliminate any substantial remaining PSA-producing cells from the operation, the score used as an indicator of whether the surgery effectively removed the cancer from my body or whether it still remains in some form.  I don't actually consult with my specialist for two more weeks, but the PSA score was very encouraging, below the stated threshold for concern.  Still, I think that at least for the short term, they will be repeating PSA testing every three months or so.  Regardless of what those future tests reveal, I'm confident in any potential treatment plans should they be deemed medically necessary.  But for now, so far so good... 

No comments:

Post a Comment