Today, instead of running or walking Gainesville's free weekly Depot Parkrun 5K as I am accustomed, I served as an event volunteer, sorting out the little plastic barcoded tokens handed to finishers for results posting. It's something I've done before, although I would have preferred a walking assignment. Still, I think that, in general, it's a good idea for me to step up as a volunteer...after all, the entire Parkrun system is volunteer-driven. I can still get my exercise later today...just not down there in Depot Park. I'm thinking of doing this for the minority of months that contain five Saturdays, one morning being reserved for volunteering. In any event, the weather was a hospitable upper-sixties with an irrelevant humidity of 94%, irrelevant for me because I was just standing there, quiet and still. For next week I'm signed up to run in the US Road Running 10K held at Albert Massey (Westside Park) on the fourth Saturday of each month. It's the second time I've run it...the first was back in August last year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment