Thursday, January 1, 2026
Completed 100th Parkrun with Melissa this Very Chilly Morning
For Gainesille's New Year's Day Parkrun 5K, the event organizers decided to combine the Depot Park and West End Community Park locations, holding our event at the latter. For Melissa and me it was to be my 100th overall Parkrun finish (her 16th),and I was determined to show up (with Melissa driving), walk the distance and then write about it. The people who greeted us there this morning a little past seven were very friendly. When the timers started it at 7:30, Melissa...who was using walking stiicks pretty skillfully, in my estimation...confidently tackled the convoluted and confusing course with a moderately brisk walk. there were numerous twists and turns there making me suspect that we had lost our way, but toward the end of the 3.1-mile Parkurn I felt I had always been on course, alhough later the total covered distance seemed long, closer to the 3.48 miles figure i read on my Fitbit watch after a preview run last July. We returned home and I rested. it was rough then looking for warm clothing as I could tell that it would be awfully cold out there...and it was. Tomorrow morning Depot Park has a new 2026 Parkrun 5K, and I"m looking forward to walking and/or running, slow old geezer that I already imagine myself to be. Meanwhile, I continue fighting cancer and try telling myself to get up more and exercise...
Labels:
brain cancer,
clothes,
course,
Medical,
Melissa,
TV,
Walking,
west end Community Park,
Winter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations on your 100th Parkrun, quite an achievement.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm just piling up the mileage gradually, day by day.
ReplyDelete