This morning Melissa drove me down to get another round of radiation treatment for brain cancer. The procedure itself worked fine, but I seem to be suffering some inflammatory side effects from it. The doctor prescribed for me steroids to counter possible headaches, and although I don't like headaches or lightheadedness, I'm going along with it with the best hopes possible. Later I decided to do Zone One exercises while watching a 2022 NYC Marathon virtual run...recorded and posted on The Manor Runs channel...on YouTube. I credited myself having covered a virtual distance of 7.4 miles. Add to that the equivalent of .8 miles in FitBit steps, and the total comes to 8.2 miles. Doing this doesn't make me fatigued, but after just a few minutes I could happily just lean back on our living room couch and let myself slip into unconciousness. Tomorrow I'd like to continue the activity and cover more miles. My hope is that this will better prepare me to more effectively run during Saturday morning Parkrun 5Ks.
Tuesday, December 9, 2025
Did Extensive Zone 1 Living Room Exercises Despite Feelings
Labels:
Cancer,
Chemotherapy,
Exercise,
Medicine,
New York City,
NYC Marathon,
Optimism,
Parkruns,
Radiation,
Side Effects,
YouTube
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment