Friday, May 30, 2025

Recovery from Prostate Surgery Continues to Be Encouraging

The specter of cancer descended upon my family last year when Melissa and I were diagnosed, respectively, with breast cancer in May and prostate in December.  We both had the malignancies surgically removed, mine involving a robotic laparoscopic prostatectomy, or removal of my prostate.  Although the verdict so far on both of our accounts as been that the cancers were successfully removed from our bodies, we still have to undergo periodic tests to make sure that there hasn't been any resurgence.  Melissa's follow-up is next month while I just underwent my PSA blood test a couple of weeks ago.  The result, as I had mentioned in an earlier article, was excellent, and my physician concurred with that take earlier today during our consultation.  Next test is in August, and either it will be "a-okay" or I'll get some radiation treatment...either way I'm good with it.  As for my recovery from surgery and my adjustment to being without one of my organs, that's been going well, too...full-speed ahead with life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment