The other day a colleague of mine informed me of a retiree reunion he attended at a local restaurant...it seems that upwards to forty former coworkers were there, and of the names he mentioned most of them I knew to varying degrees, many having been retired from my facility/organization for a number of years. At first impulse I thought it might have been interesting to see them all and touch base on how they were doing, but then I thought that after those first few moments I'd most likely be itching to get out of there and on my way. You see, even when I worked with these folks all those years back then...and I mean nothing derogatory or disrespectful about any of them...my inclination was to simply go to work, do my job, and then go home. Now I wasn't some unfeeling, unthinking robot about my job, and I would practice learning, reading audiobooks and listening to music and talk shows while performing my assignments there...I still do all that when circumstances permit. I got along with most of my fellow workers and, hopefully, they generally maintain positive thoughts about me as well. But I am not into people per se, and being in crowds of them just won't do. So when I eventually retiree, save the invitations: I'm not going, no matter how good the food is...
Saturday, June 15, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment