Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Our Medical Storms

Three years ago I underwent open heart surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm and replace a congenitally defective heart valve.  Instrumental in the successful outcome was Melissa, who cared for me and was my advocate.  Now it is my turn to be that caring advocate as she is undergoing her own medical/health issues in the ensuing days and weeks.  As such, my ordinary routines and schedule are subject to interruption and change...necessary under the circumstances.  Please be with me in my prayers for her successful treatments and quick recovery, and for my ability to be a positive force in her well-being throughout this unfolding process.  As for this blog, it probably would be a healthy discipline for me to try to continue coming out with something fresh each day, but there may still be some gaps here and there...

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear of Melissa's health issues. I will keep her in my positive thoughts and hope that all goes well with her treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, after Thursday's procedure things do look a lot better!

    ReplyDelete