Saturday, December 16, 2023

Ran Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K This Morning

Amidst a cool (56 degrees), humid 93% morning with overcast, dark skies and gusty winds, I somehow sprang up out of bed at six this morning to once again tackle the free, volunteer-driven Depot Parkrun 5K here in Gainesville just a few blocks south of downtown.  I had been working out at my local gym after work and knew I was getting into better running shape, but I hadn't anticipated...even with my Galloway Method of interspersing short walking breaks with my running...of annihilating my Parkrun personal best, finishing at 28:57...my best 5K result since 2016.  Immediately following the run I covered another 1.8 miles along SE 4th Street, 10th Avenue, the Hawthorne Trail and then back on Depot Road to my parking lot.  Total for the run: 4.9 miles, 47:15.  Now I'm sitting (for the first time) at the Starbucks near University Avenue on NW 13th Street which is really an extension of the Publix store there...it's instantly become my favorite Starbucks!  Yesterday I had been considering getting up even earlier today and driving down to Ocala to run their Baseline Trailhead Park race, but the enrollment had been capped off...maybe another time.  As for the Parkrun extension I did this morning, I'd like to make that a regular Saturday morning feature while making some adjustments in my route.  As for today's race, click HERE for the results.  As for my cumulative running record posting on December 10th, I decided to add each subsequent race I do to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment