Get up, Trinity. Just get up. GET UP!!! ---the character Trinity in the movie The Matrix
Carrie-Anne Moss is the actress who brilliantly portrayed the computer hacking genius Trinity in the Matrix movies. The above quote happened at the opening sequence in the first film, when Trinity...trapped in the Matrix...is desperately struggling to escape death at the hands of the ruthless and powerful Agents, having impossibly leaped through a building's high window, landing on her back after rolling down brutally rough stairs. She is momentarily frozen with tension and fear, as she looks back up in anticipation of her enemies. And then she listens to herself and does get up to fight another day. Why did I pick this quote? Many times, over the course of my life I've suffered setbacks, humiliations, and what seemed at the time to be personal disasters. But lately during such experiences, although for a brief spell I am tempted to say to hell with it all and just stop trying, I have been punching back at life with defiance...nobody with bad intentions is going to stop me from what I need or want to accomplish. Get up, Billy. Just get up. GET UP!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment