Saturday, December 2, 2023

Ran Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K This Morning

Unlike with last week's cooler weather, this morning it was 68 degrees with 89% humidity, pretty uncomfortable weather for a 5K (3.1 miles) run, but nevertheless I got myself up and out for my 28th Depot Parkrun 5K, taking place at that park which is just south of downtown Gainesville.  I got there early, at 7:05, but the parking lot was already packed, and I had to drive around to the "extra" parking lot a little further away.  Apparently, there was another group of runners that had picked the same spot and morning to go on their outing and they took up most of the parking...that's okay, I kind of prefer the other lot anyway after thinking about it.  Anyway, for the race I decided to forego any thoughts of a "personal best" time and stick with my Galloway method of alternating five minutes of steady running with a minute of fast walking...worked like a dream once again! My final time, although not a personal best for a Parkrun, was a respectable (for me) 30:39, and I didn't feel depleted or too hot at the end.  Next Saturday I'll be skipping the Depot Parkrun in favor of the Season of Hope 15K, which takes on the Hawthorne Trail, starting and finishing at Boulware Park off SE 15th Street.  I hope the weather then is better than today's, although I think that with my system I'll do fine in any event.  Click HERE for the results of today's Deport Parkrun...

No comments:

Post a Comment