In November I ran a total of 363 miles, and on every day of the month. My runs were spread throughout each day more or less, and I made much use of my local gym, which is Gainesville Health and Fitness. Maybe it's counterintuitive, but when I get off from work in the evening I'm often tense and tired...yet getting on the treadmill for a brisk run relaxes me and takes the edge off the day. I also ran a couple of Depot Parkrun 5Ks in the month...but my biggest race was the Tom Walker Half-Marathon, organized by "my" Florida Track Club and held on the 14th on the Hawthorne Trail. There I surpassed my personal expectations when I employed the Jeff Galloway method of alternating running a set number of minutes (for me, 5) with a set number of walking minutes (1). The result was the best finish I had at the distance since 2015. I even applied it to the much shorter 3.1-mile Parkrun distance and finish with a personal best out of 27 Parkruns. In December I plan to continue doing the Depot Parkrun 5K, but on the 9th I intend to run another Hawthorne Trail race: Season of Hope 15K (proceeds to go for the fight against dystonia) for my third time, and the first since 2019. As for walking, I may walk one of those upcoming Parkruns...speed-walking rocks, too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment