So being the homebody couch potato that I tend to personify on my days off, here I am at home on this Thanksgiving holiday, musing about what lies ahead for me on this day. And giving thanks, of course, that today I am off from work!
The house is currently permeated by the heavenly aromatic mixture of cooking foods, with serving time set around 1:30 this afternoon. Among the many items I am anticipating are turkey, stuffing (an all-time favorite), and pumpkin pie. Oh, and there are few things that surpass Melissa's home-made macaroni and cheese. And after the meal, a prolonged period of sleepiness, I am sure, highlighted by falling into a snooze in front of the television.
Television will be featuring the usual complement of football games and movie marathons. The Dallas Cowboys will be playing their traditional Thanksgiving afternoon game, and today it will be special: a rematch of the incredible 1993 turkey-day battle against the Miami Dolphins, which the latter won by virtue of a freak play at the very end. This year Miami, although pretty much out of the playoff running, has been surging of late. As has Dallas, so this game promises to be very entertaining (especially if you follow either team). Still, should things turn boring here, there are also a couple of interesting (to me) movie marathons going on as well.
The Sci-Fi Channel is running James Bond movies all day long while AMC is showing The Godfather Parts I and II (and not that disappointing Part III). Not that I plan to just sit there glued to my chair: my family is planning a trip to the movie theater, although we haven't yet finalized what we will watch there.
Before all of this, though, in just a few minutes, I will be going out on a neighborhood run. The weather is finally cooperating, with the humidity below 60% and the temperature in the mid-sixties.
Well, I guess I'll be off and running: Happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment