Wednesday, March 4, 2026

Up Early, Exercising, National News

 A day ago I stepped outside into the backyard to check the lunar eclipse's progress.  Turns out the entire sky was overcast, and the entire event was a washout.  I still wrote my blog article and listened to personal development influencer Jim Rohn on YouTube.  Later on Melissa took me down for my chemotherapy infusion.  I read through Chapter 5 in Shadow Magic. I studiously avoided TV updates about the US/Iran missle war.  I didn't start the conflict and have an instinctive aversion to so-called "faiths" that promote violence and whose adherents are only too easy to wear an "offended' pose if someone happens to disagree with their ideology and command structure.  John Cornyn won a close Republican Primary contest for the Texas US Senate seat being contested this year, and Roy Cooper easily won the Democratic nomination for the open North Carolina Senate seat after incumbent Thom Tillis' announced retirement.  I can't vote in either race this November, restricted to my Florida and assigned local districts as registered Republican. If registered Democratic voters actually display some initiative and vote in the general election, they have a chance of flipping those two seats their way, but i'm skeptical.  As for me today, nothing medical is scheduled.  But I'd like to see some progress, at least with little things.  I this were me in 1971 in the 9th grade I guess I'd be assembling my prepared homework for the grueling day ahead.May my eating today reflect an improved sense of judgment...

2 comments:

  1. It was a washout for me here in Australia, too. It's our rainy season so I didn't really think there was much of a chance but I went out at 21:00 anyway to just to check it out, but too much cloud cover.
    Now, I'm curious as to your reference on this post and one I saw a few days ago where you reflect you would have been doing in 1971 in your 9th grade class. If you spoke of this before I guess I missed it. What makes that particular year stand out so much for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting up before sunrise and preparing my homework for class and tests would be a modest habit. Somebody once said, "Done is better than perfect, so that' s the course I would have taken'. Never did like having to grind on though this long, punishing school year. The 9th grade is when all my grades counted out of proportion to my other years ar Nova.My parents...especially my mother who was ruled by fear and unreasoning stubbornness...stood squarely in the way of my attempts at success.

    ReplyDelete