Thursday, March 26, 2026

Up and At it Early Again Today

 Over the past several weeks I accustomed myself to waking up (and staying up) two or three hours before sunrise.  I would take care of bathroom business, adjust the air conditioner/heater, and brew a pot of coffee. Then, as was just the case, I would exercise by running in place on the living room rug for ten minutes.  And then I would pull out the computer and write and post the new day's blog article.  And now, to today.  Melissa, always the expert, knowledgeable nurse and loving woman that she is, has brought up that I appear to be suffering from a deficiency of potassium in my diet, only particularly alleviated by an increased consumption of bananas. This evening I tried going to bed at an earlier, more consistent hour.  The intent tonight was to get up around two or three...and stay up.  Now it's nearly 6:15 and still nighttime, after my bathroom, exercise and brewed coffee. I probably could use a good brief shower and hair-washing and rinsing on this, Thursday March 26th. I watched a good rerun of the old The Prisoner episode Dance of the Dead on my Tubi channel, as well as the Star Trek movie The Voyage Home.  On the home news front, it looks like our president is frightening his own followers with the stock market plunge, a Congressional deadlock in place against paying TSA workers, spiralling gas prices and no end in sight to the missile war between the USA and Israel on one side and Iran on the other.  Personally, I would like, in a more humble way, to work some of my habits by reading Shadow Magic some more and go for longer walks.  Walking around the block at least once would be pretty cool, too.  And some of the personal development podcasts that YouTube presents seem pretty attractive as well.  This includes the late Jim Rohn, Andrew Huberman, that doctor who wants me to walk, and a half dozen others who usually have something significant to say..

No comments:

Post a Comment