If you're reading this article after seeing the picture at the top, then you're probably expecting something about the jigsaw puzzle I just finished putting together. It is a cute picture of five smiling dogs, pretending to be human, outside having a fun picnic, 500 pieces in total. For days I had the puzzle laid out on a plastic tabletop in the living room, the pieces stubbornly resistant to my eyes and pattern recognition. I told Melissa of my goal of finishing it this evening, after a discouraging feeling of stagnation in making progress, and she gave me a crucially helpful hint. So I set about the task and, now you see it! This happened after coming home from UF Health radiation treatment and a visit with Dr. Koch, my very capable brain surgeon from October 24th. He encouraged me to be active while listening carefully to my body...very reasonable and wise. I've also been exercising in the living room, continuing to tally up virtual-equivalent miles, today's total being 9.9 miles. Today I made use of the YouTube Runner's Digest channel's point-of-view video of the 2024 United Airlines New York City Half-Marathon. It is inspiring me to check out some more virtual running videos, including some from that young Chinese athlete. I still want to build up my own running strength and endurance to the point where I feel confident participating in some near-future middle-to long-distance events...
Monday, December 15, 2025
Latest Jigsaw Puzzle, Medical Visits, Home Exercise
Labels:
Cancer,
Dog,
Exercise,
Half-Marathon,
Jigsaw Puzzles,
Medical,
New York City,
Races,
Radiation,
Surgery,
You-Tube
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment