This morning when I woke up between three and four I could tell that I had been able to sleep a reasonable number of hours, for which my FitBit gave me due credit. Then I decided to do rok-running exercises on the living room run while watching the final 1:33 of the NYC Marathon, from the perspective of a friendly and talented young Chinese athlete. That accomplished, Melissa then awoke and furnished me my daily chemotherapy capsules. My watch gave the temperature first at around 40 degrees, then jumping to 43 and sticking there thoughout our cold Depot Parkrun 5K experience...it's showing that figure now with the real temperature in the seventiies! I walked the course with Melissa until the final two laps, when I did have to take a jogging break to the bathroom. She suggested I finish the event by running some, which I did with a finishing time of 1 hour 4 minutes 58 seconds. Click HERE to view the posted results. We enjoyed some Dunkin' Donuts afterwards and I'v just risen from a mid-day nap. The four-lap walk through the park on this cold morning, which stung my hands, wasn't a very enjoyable physical experience to endure, but I'm happy we did it and entertain hopes of injecting some more running into future possible Depot Parkruns, I do think that indoor virtual training is helping me. Right now it's close to 7:30 pm and I've just eaten a modest dinner that friends brought over. No more appetite for a while...maybe a little more living room exercise and it'll be time to close shop for the night...
Saturday, December 13, 2025
Covered Today's Chilly Depot Parkrun 5K
Labels:
Coffee,
Depot Park,
Donuts,
Exercise,
Fitness,
Gainesville,
Melissa,
NYC Marathon,
Parkruns,
Temperature,
Walking,
Weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment