Today we paid the UF Health Davis Cancer Pavilion another visit. There I went through a radiation therapy round. Later our dear friend Lisa paid us a visit and we had chili for dinner. In the evening ESPN was overhyping their first broadcast college football playoff game for the 2025 season, with Oklahoma hosting Alabama in Norman. The Sooner fans pregame seemed pretty smug about their team's superiority over the Crimson Tide, whose reputation for winning was tarnished following legendary coach Nick Saban's retirement. Knowing that a Depot Parkrun 5K is scheduled for tomorrow morning and that Melissa is planning to walk it with me, I settled comfortably on the living room couch with the TV set on the game. When I woke up toward midnight, it was late in the fourth quarter and Oklahoma was ten points behind, desperately trying to catch up before the game clock expired. Twice they stopped their own drives to bring in their own placekicker, who missed both makeable attempts badly. Then the camera panned out to the crowd of spectators, showing people looking aghast with their mouths open in shocked dismay. So "Bama came from 17 points down to improbably win and advance. Next, they play Indiana on the road in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day. Tomorrow a lot of college playoff games are scheduled, and I'll probably be dutifully following them as well. As for today's exercise, I had 2.4 virtual-equivalent miles...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment