After what amounted to a poor night of sleep, I managed to get on with today, Sunday, the last day in November 2025. Our friend Lisa paid us a wonderful visit and, after some rest, I set out on my neighborhood walk. While on the course, I decided to slightly extend the distance to 4.8 miles. It wasn't a speed walk per se, but I gave it an honest effort as brisk exercise, listening to my phone collection of some favorite songs, arranged as if they were tracks on a double album. The whole walk was an exercise in fatigue, although the outside temperature remained moderate around 79 degrees with a dry 42% humidity. Melissa has everything set up now to where, as long as I'm carrying my phone with me, she can determine where I am I on a map...that's reassuring for me. After the walk (and a deliberately light dinner) my heart rate is getting close to dipping below 90, which is the boundary of Zone One. Now I've eaten enough for myself and would like to settle down for the evening with a cooler home environment. Tomorrow I'm due to resume chemotherapy in the morning and radiation treatments in the afternoon. I'm skipping the news, which I think is pretty crappy: is our national motto Make America Grim Again? The wise words of Sting ring out: Our so-called leaders speak. With words they try to jail you. They subjugate the meek. But it's the rhetoric of failure. MY so-called leaders, that OTHERS elected. I'm grateful that. at least for today, I didn't have to go out and meet any appointments. But tomorrow presents a completely different picture. Not fun, but it's life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment