I've been working on getting through this annoying head cold I've been suffering from during the last few days. With the sinus congestion working on overdrive along with sneeze-triggering irritation in my sinuses and throat, life has not been very enjoyable...especially during the late-night, early-morning hours when I am accustomed to be asleep. Now we're entering the highly-hyped holiday season, so naturally I feel that the expectations are for me to abandon all of the routines I have established, because Thanksgiving and Christmas, after all, are "special events" and I'm presumably guilty of something if I want to do things regularly and responsibly, albeit on my own. Tonight on Thursday Night Football, the Buffalo Bills are at Houston to play the Texans. I don't feel anything approaching the confidence I had in this team to win games as in years before, so I won't be surprised if Houston prevails. Maybe I'll do some "rock-running" exercises while watching a NYC Marathon virtual YouTube video, or maybe I'll take a break from it all. It sure would be nice for me to be in "reset" mode whereby the future is open for me to make responsible progress in distance running. Let's see if that can't happen in the next few weeks of "holiday wonderland":guilty as charged...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment