Today Melissa took me down to the University of Florida Health Medical Plaza...and the adjacent Davis Pavillion...on Archer Road to get an MRI scanning and have my plastic radiation face mask applied and sized, The plan now is for me to start my chemotherapy/radiation cycles on Monday, November 17 in the same location. The MRI, which I just underwent for the third time in some three weeks, isn't bad. It's just that I'm not at all happy being sonically bombarded for upwards to a half hour with loud, harsh, grating metallic noise coming from the machine as it does its magnetic resonance imaging. Well, the folks there, who were very considerate and helpful, seemed satisfied with the results. As were the technicians who drew my blood afterwards. It seems that blood tests will be a regular, ongoing feature of my cancer therapy...I don't want any counts deemed especially significant to get too low or too high. As for me right now, the day has been wearing on and it's mid-afternoon already. I plan to exercise some more before slowing down and then let the evening put me into more of a sleepy mode. By the way, go Dolphins! Regarding exercise, I'm thinking about completely modifying my mode of athletically inclined physical activity by substituting my own invented routine, "rock-running", for slow long-distance runs while maintaining a more cautions "wait and see" attitude about entering these types of public races. It should keep my VO2 Max level and cardiovascular fitness at a higher level and save a lot of wear and tear on my legs' soft tissue...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment