Today marked my first day of cancer treatments, as prescribed by UF Health. I woke up around six and Melissa already had my anti-nausea pill ready for me to swallow. An hour later it was TMZ, my first chemotherapy pills (three in all per day, seven days a week). Since the side effects of chemotherapy treatments tend to be cumulative, I really didn't expect my appetite to drastically decline over the first couple of hours after taking the very first dose. No fatigue yet, either...Melissa and I did a reasonable 1.7-mile walk through our home neighborhood as well. In the afternoon I underwent my first radiation treatment, followed by a blood draw and then Publix. Anticipating dinner, my appetite is still intact...let's see where it goes. I just wish this gloomy brain cancer diagnosis hadn't just randomly dropped out of the sky on me without any traces of origin from elsewhere in my body...that's not so cool. But I've learned in a very short time (nearly four weeks since October 21st) to take the time allotted for me in this life one day at a time and to adopt a more patient attitude toward others and my circumstances. So after posting this, I think I'll brew some decaffeinated coffee and put on my daily serving of outrage news before digging tonight's Monday Night Football contest between the Oakland Los Angeles Oakland Las Vegas Raiders...or wherever else they happen to be playing for the moment... and the Dallas Cowboys...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment