Monday, October 20, 2025

Fatigue and Headaches Dampening Activity for Today

Yesterday, Sunday, was marked by raininess in my area.  I had entertained the notion of taking a brisk walk through the neighborhood, but felt sleepy early on and had a headache...probably stemming from the hormone injection I took a few weeks ago.  After finally awakening and walking about, I found the television choices to be too limited for my tastes: the channel selector blocked my ability to pick good, old Harry Potter features.  And the NFL football wasn't very attractive, either, with only the Dallas/Washington game offering any real enjoyment.  In the evening, that Toronto/Seattle playoff game wasn't very interesting, and it looked as if the Blue Jays were going to extend their series to a seventh and final game.  I'm sitting here a little past five in the morning with my K-cup of coffee and another headache after some fitful attempts at sleep last night...hope today brings more activity and better feelings.  The oncologist said that my hormone and radiation treatments could very well cause fatigue, but that I should intentionally be active in the face of the urge to avoid any physical exertion.  Looks as if I'll be doing some uncomfortable exercises (glad I mowed the yard Saturday)...

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'd be able to face the task of exercising when I'm feeling unwell, but I suppose nobody knows that until they face it themselves. I truly hope that these weeks of therapy pass quickly and that your headaches abate so you can focus more on your recovery. When you go to have your radiation do you see the same people every time? I've heard from others that there's a very special comradery that develops between people when they are undergoing cancer treatments. My most sincere and positive thoughts are being sent to both you and Melissa as I'm sure this is a strain on her also. Nobody has it easy when they see someone they love is suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a week since your last post and I hope you are doing ok. Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and sending you my positive thoughts for you to make it over this health challenge quickly and get back onto your life endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Becky, for your very encouraging comments! As it turned out, exactly one week ago I was with Melissa at the UF Health Emergency Room on NW 39th Avenue. They performed a ct-scan on my brain and discovered a golfball-size mass on my right frontal side. Four days ago I underwent extensive brain surgery to remove (95+% of) it and am now on my first full day home, discharged from the hospital with follow-up appointments to come. The mass was cancerous. I have brain cancer. We'll see how any future treatment go. I love life, but it is fragile. I'll take each day as it comes and see what I can get from it. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete