Friday, October 31, 2025

Coming Up on Cool, Pleasant Weekend

 On this final day of October, 2025, I find the outside to be cooler and windier...and much sunnier.  I am continuing to recover from my brain surgery of exactly a week ago, with further potential treatment options forthcoming.  Predictably, tomorrow morning will be yet another Saturday, planted in local tradition with the weekly Parkruns I've grown habituated to attending (I've completed 90 events since 2019).  The distance involved is 5K (3.1 miles), and I feel I can easily cover all of the required four laps through the park walking.  Yet Melissa has her doubts based on how she sees my current state of being, and I'm inclined to go along with her final recommendation on the subject...at least for this upcoming weekend..although I am on an overall higher level of physical fitness.  My outlandish-looking head-top surgery staples should be removed from my sorry old scalp sometime late next week, and until then I'm consigned to dealing with the headaches arising from that earlier procedure.  My endurance and sense of balance are fine, and I think I'd enjoy a nice, noncompetitive Parkrun walk with the temperatures in the forties.  But this involves getting up early in the morning and being "on time" for the 7:30 start while making sure I'm wearing their barcoded wristband.  I think Depot Park is a nice location, and we can always get some coffee afterwards. In any event, I want to be positive and proactive with my recovery. I want my future to contain some realistic promise for it and see this weekend as an opportunity to better my condition.  I do so much need some respite from this dreary diagnosis.  As for posting links of my blog articles to my page on Facebook, I've abandoned that notion after this site (that is so lax with security protections) blocked me yesterday. Facebook isn't working for me, and I won't work for it, ever again.  And if anyone trolls me for a comment I post on it, they're getting it right back in their face...

No comments:

Post a Comment