Saturday, September 27, 2025

Volunteered for Today's West End Community Parkrun 5K


On a soggy, muggy morning I drove out to West End Community Park and volunteered as Tail Walker for their Parkrun 5K event today.  My only concern with this role is if some runners or walkers arrive and begin late, behind me...and I'm supposed to be the last finisher!  Except for one straggling walker who was clearly challenged by the 74 degrees and 97% humidity, I had nothing to be concerned about as I had no difficulty maintaining a moderate pace while stopping from time to time to pick up flags and signs from the course for next week.  During the second half another volunteer joined me as we finished clearing the course...and I finished, with a time of 1:04:13.  I liked getting both volunteer credit and credit for finishing a race, so I'm getting closer to that 100-finish milestone.  The field was light, and about halfway through my walk it began to lightly rain, staying that way through the end. For the next two Saturdays I'm registered with Melissa to go on a Caribbean cruise, and then maybe I'll try another Parkrun after returning.  As for the rest of the day today, a cold front is passing through our area, bringing with it rain and some storms.  Hopefully, it all will help to steer to the east a developing tropical depression that seems destined to eventually be named Imelda...we'll see what happens.  If you want to view today's results, click HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment