Friday, September 26, 2025

Eventual Fall Season Running Race Opportunities Appearing

Although here in northern Florida the daily temperatures continue to consistently climb up into the nineties with stifling-high morning humidity, it is technically now the autumn season.  And as such, I'm seeing online notices about upcoming distance running events, many of which are in my general area.  One that stands out to me is a southern Georgia half-marathon scheduled on Saturday morning, October 25th.  It's the Boston Mini-Marathon, as they like to call it: a half-marathon to take place as fall festivities ensue later on after the race.  I'm very seriously considering signing up for it, with the intention of doing a hybrid run/speed-walk mix for the race's duration.  It's located in the little town of Boston, situated between Valdosta and Thomasville (and closer to the latter).  Even if it's still unseasonably warm during this race, I think my run/walk strategy will get me through it without too much adversity.  I guess that will take care of next month, on top of the cruise we're scheduled to take in the first half and another possible Parkrun in mid-month.  November and December present potential problems in going on trips to other locations for distance races because of schedule conflicts involving family, thankfully being blessings centering around my loved ones.  After all, I'm no hermit despite tendencies in that direction and I cherish my love for Melissa...may it continue long into the future and forever.  I also am going to be continuing my cancer treatment in the next few weeks with some radiation therapy...I plan to be active throughout.  Earlier today I speed-walked 3.5 miles on my local gym's treadmill instead of braving the rain puddle-stricken streets.  So I'm continuing my workouts, and they'll come in handy when race day arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment