Sunday, September 28, 2025

My Song of the Month for September 2025

Today it is approaching the end of September, and as I've done in previous months this year, I have a "song of the month" this time around as well.  Once again, for the second month in a row, it is There's No Future in Optimism, by the British alternative group Garbage.  Sung by Shirley Manson, it is a commentary on our times about protests and the State bearing down on them.  But we can design our own futures, based on love, in the midst of all the turmoil.  I like that message, and this song sits well with me in our troubled times.  I don't see anything improving in our society in political terms, and the media, both social and mass, seems hell-bent on aggravating tensions, fear and anger among the population.  Our president wants to wage war against any American who doesn't swear undying and unquestioning personal fealty to him.  I don't feel like following his sick tune...no, I'm charting my own course and this song carries a much better message.  So far this year, here are the "songs of the month":

September    There's No Future in Optimism...by Garbage
August         There's No Future in Optimism...by Garbage
July              The Birds...by Franz Ferdinand
June             Stuck in My Head...by Arcade Fire
May             Walking on a Dream...by Empire of the Sun
April            Nothing I Need...by Lord Huron
March          Under the Rug...by Arcy Drive
February      Starburster...by Fonraines DC
January        Everyone Out...by DIIV

No comments:

Post a Comment