Monday, September 29, 2025

My Running/Walking/Swimming Report for September

I continued steadfastly training with speed-walking and running throughout September, but pretty much skipped out of going on swims.  This past month I participated in Parkrun 5Ks each Saturday, one at Depot Park and three at West End Community Park.  Except for last Saturday's race, in which I volunteered as a Tail Walker, I mixed up walking and running in the other three.   I think this is the pattern for future races, especially those longer than 5K. Of the four Parkruns I went to in September, three were at West End Community Park and one was at Depot Park. My emphasis, both with training and races, is showing up and completing the event instead of fretting over fast finishing times.  Early on next month Melissa and I are going on a week-long Caribbean cruise.  This will serve as a recovery break in my training, while I'll still have opportunities to exercise in the ship's fitness room on the treadmill or practice a little swimming, if that's available.  On October 25, the little south Georgia town of Boston is holding a half-marathon race that I intend to enter, otherwise there's that Parkrun on the 18th.  Most likely, upon returning from the cruise I'll be scheduled to begin some radiation treatment to bring my PSA level back down to an acceptable level.  Through it all, I plan to remain active and as athletic as feasible.  And maybe, just maybe, the temperatures will start to cool off as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment