With today it is six weeks since I was operated on (six hours duration) to remove my cancerous prostate. In spite of that and staying overnight in the hospital, I was never officially admitted there and was released the following day around noon as an outpatient. That I didn't stay longer, though, was okay with me as I don't entirely relish hospital stays...my guess is that you probably don't, either. My progress after the surgery, beginning with an 11-day cathetorization of my bladder and a degree of pain and difficulty with sleep, has continued to the present day, with the predicted incontinence gradually lightening up...although I always had a substantial degree of control over my bladder from the moment the despised catheter was finally removed. Aside from another "predicted" issue that may or may not be resolved during the next few months of healing, the only thing now concerning me with this unwanted medical episode in my life is next month's PSA (protein-specific antigen) blood test to determine the probability (or improbability) that the cancer had remained on a microscopic level in my body. My urologist/surgeon expressed to me his confidence that there is a 65% chance that I was cleared of it, but I still have a month before I find out. Regardless, my provider seems to have it all worked out with future treatment (or lack thereof), whatever the test results reveal. In the meantime, life goes on and I intend to live it to the fullest...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment