Monday, April 28, 2025

My Top Favorite Songs In April 2025

Back at the start of the year I wrote that it might be fun to revisit an old habit of mine from the early 1970's, which was to reflect on each of the calendar months at their close and select a "song of the month".  For example, 52 years ago in April of 1973, it was Stealers Wheel and the Gerry Rafferty-led band's hit single Stuck in the Middle With You.  This April is almost past, and I've picked a song for it as well: Nothing I Need by Lord Huron.  Maybe it got some radio play, maybe not: since I generally don't listen to the radio for my music anymore, I wouldn't know.  All I do know is that it is in the current rotation on Amazon Prime Music on their Fresh Indie channel.  Another song, April's runner-up for me, is Before You I Just Forget by Fontaines DC.  And for #3, I like Zero Sum by The Smile.  I still consider Fontaine DC's Starburster as my "song of the year" so far, but there are still many months to go.  I'm also think of researching recent album releases of different acts I like and see if I can't find some deep tracks on them.  As for Nothing I Need, it sounds more like it belongs back in the seventies when there was a lot crossover between country and pop, with more than a few hits combining the two. This song fits the bill in that regard as it reminds me a little of some of Kenny Rogers' early tracks...

No comments:

Post a Comment