Tuesday, April 29, 2025

Finally Went Down to the Friends of Library Book Sale for April

On this overheated, muggy late-April day, I decided to get on down to Main Street here in Gainesville to attend yet another Friends of the Library book sale.  They're held each April and October, at least in non-pandemic years, but I was considering skipping this one, with today being their next-to-last day of the sale.  Around noon when I got there, it was pretty crowded but at least there wasn't a long line in order to get in like two or three days ago.  I focused on the foreign language books, and they had an unusually wide selection of material.  I settled on one item to purchase, a Japanese-English idioms dictionary...complete with transliteration and sentence examples...for just one dollar.  It's something I can just keep by my side at the recliner and look at from time to time.  I was thinking about looking at their jigsaw puzzle selections, too, but they would have made me place my book out on a table where anyone could have walked away with it...so I demurred and went on home.  Besides, I have plenty of puzzles at home to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment