Saturday, February 22, 2025

Strange Inflammatory, Painful Leg Episode This Past Wednesday

Late afternoon this past Wednesday (2/19/25) I was napping in my living room recliner.  Upon awakening, I found both of my legs painfully immobile just below the knees, and had difficulty walking around without the aid of a pole.  This continued throughout the evening...after a good night's sleep I was much more mobile, but still at a loss as to what happened.  I hadn't been running any hardy Wednesday than usual...if anything, a little lighter.  I was running in a different building, on a wooden floor...why would that matter, though?  It's Saturday now and my leg muscles have a sore...although not bad...feel to them and I have resumed light jogging in place around the house as before.  I wonder whether I might have picked up a virus somewhere that manifested itself in my legs...I am vaccinated for Influenza Type A.  Or maybe I became a little too dehydrated and the body reacted, I don't know.  I am drinking more hydration, though, and am guardedly optimistic that this sudden inflammatory episode was isolated and won't return.  As of this writing there is no pain, only a residual background soreness.  I'm leaning toward the dehydration explanation and am liberally drinking fluids...

No comments:

Post a Comment