Thursday, January 23, 2025

Physical Therapy, 15K Race Slated for Next Two Days

In this clearly bizarre period in my life, tomorrow I have an appointment at the UF Medical Plaza with a physical therapist who will almost certainly introduce me to the Kegel exercises for my lower pelvic floor muscles that are supposed to help me recover the appropriate bodily functions following scheduled surgery in early March to remove my cancerous prostate.  Then, Saturday morning I'm signed up to run a 9.3 mile race, the Newnan's Lake 15K, which I've done three times before although the last time was in 2018.  I'm physically feeling fine and even athletic, yet medically I'm in a rough state...my physicians, however, have been encouraging to me about my continued physical activity. Following the operation, of course, that's going to change drastically in intensity as my body's healing takes priority.  In a life where uncertainty is an elemental feature, I'm at a state of peace about all this.  Still, not having to deal with the medical issues would have been much more welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment