Monday, January 13, 2025

Medical Procedures Clarified, Optimistic about Future

This morning Melissa went with me to a long awaited appointment with my specialist regarding my health: an action plan for dealing with my prostate cancer, recently diagnosed.  It's medically classified as localized, and I chose surgery...that will happen in early March.  I am grateful to finally have a clear treatment course laid out before me, and as I had stated in an earlier article, I am at peace with the whole process and confident of a successful outcome, with a full, active lifestyle to follow recovery. And beforehand as well: I just signed up to run the Mary Andrews half-marathon in Hawthorne on this Sunday, January 19th...it's organized by the Florida Track Club and will be my third straight year running it.  Before this prostate issue arose, I had considered doing the full marathon, but decided for now to stick with the shorter distance, deferring any future marathon races until after I recover from surgery. In the meantime, life is good...

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that you have had your medical appointment and now have some concrete plans in place. It's the waiting to be informed that catches me out, once I can start putting together a plan for dealing with it (whatever 'it' may be) I become much calmer. I believe your positive outlook will be a real asset as this particular challenge plays itself out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, at least now I can prepare for stuff. And it does look good right now from where I'm standing.

      Delete