Tuesday, December 3, 2024

Significant Medical Procedure Coming in Two Weeks

This morning I went to receive my presurgical consultation at the hospital.  Oh, that's right, I never got into specifics about my ongoing health/medical issue, but now seems to be as good a time to start as any.  Being a male in my late sixties, as often happens to some of us, I experienced (from routine blood testing) an elevated PSA score, which is used as a possible indicator of prostate issues, including cancer in that organ.  I recently underwent an MRI to better picture the situation and am scheduled two weeks from now to have a prostate MRI-targeted biopsy to analyze whether it is cancerous or benign...and if the former, how so specifically and to what extent.  I'm personally at peace with the entire process, except that the different procedures and consults seem to be so spaced apart in time.  Melissa has been my steadfast advocate the whole way.  I'm looking forward to a continuing healthy and active life for many years to come and this situation hasn't changed anything in that regard.  Sure, I don't want to hear bad news but I'm a big boy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment