Saturday, November 30, 2024

My November 2024 Running, Walking and Swimming Report

November was a pretty active month with running and walking...and maybe not so much with swimming.  At least, though, with swimming, there was a breakthrough as we rejoined our nearby YMCA, complete with their outdoor pool.  I've been there a couple of times, although I'm very far behind with my swimming form and endurance.  I think there's a large potential for great growth in this area, although we're also entering a season of coldness...even here in northern Florida.  I think I'll see if I can't get myself into a daily habit of getting out there for incremental swimming and pool time...well, almost daily since the YMCA is closed on Sunday.  As for the running and walking...

We had some good racing opportunities this past month, and since I was generally healthy and in good shape, I was able to participate in five events...three of them the 5K Depot Parkrun, along with a couple of long-distance races.  The first of these was the Tom Walker Half-Marathon on the western end of the Hawthorne Trail in southeast Gainesville...I speed-walked it all in 2:54:40.  The other event was on the eastern end of the same paved trail: the Mega Cupcake Marathon a week ago: I covered the 26.2 mile distance in 5:07:49 employing the Galloway run/walk method throughout that race.  I feel hopeful about possible future marathons after this one.  Yet I also know that I have a medical issue that needs to be looked into further and resolved...and it's more important in the long run than running races.  So in the month to come, I'll balance the two areas while staying mindful of the big picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment