I've reached a decision that was inevitable in coming: I am going to retire from the USPS, where in September I had worked continuously for 37 years. With my advancing age (turned 68 earlier this month) and the stark difference, in these times of family medical issues and tragedy, between staying at home and going off to work, I decided that it just isn't any good anymore going out there day after day for long stretches. I am fortunate and blessed to have had a job I generally enjoyed and allowed me to be myself and keep myself intellectually and physically fit, and I know I'll miss my coworkers once I'm gone. But the time has come, and I'll be going through the process in the weeks ahead. I have already sent in my paperwork and notified Human Resources as to my last day at work, which is scheduled to be at the end of November...
Sunday, October 13, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment