Friday, September 13, 2024

Quote of the Week...from Rob Dial

Let action and routine drive your life, not your emotions.         ---Rob Dial

Rob Dial is the creator and host of the podcast Mindset Mentor, which addresses issues in personal development.  He began one recent episode with the above quote, which he attributed to no one else...hence I'm giving Dial credit for it until further notice.  It's a simple concept, but one that few of us...at least me...consistently adopt for our lives.  I think there's another one that goes with this, dealing with how the quality of our lives depends on the brief pause between our triggers and cues and the actions we take in response to them...let's see, here it is, by Viktor Frankl: "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response is our growth and freedom."  The first quote deals with a proactive approach, the latter with how we react to circumstances.  With both of them, I think I could do much better with how I handle daily living...

No comments:

Post a Comment