Everybody in social and mass media is abuzz about the recent debate between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris...at least that's how they'd like us to think. I'm guessing that you're not all that much into that kind of nonsense...and I'm certainly not. I can go back to 2016 when Trump debated Hillary Clinton...and in my estimation, she clearly won and her poll numbers soared. Then FBI Director James Comey infamously decided to interfere in the campaign at the most crucial moment and, with great fanfare, announced he was reopening an investigation into, of all things, Clinton's emails. This was happening among the opposition's cries of "Lock her up!", so Comey knew that what he was doing was interference and did it anyway. Yet in 2024 it's apparently okay for their champion to be a 34-count convicted felon! So no, I don't care about debates and discount their usefulness, although to be fair the previous one did get Biden to bow out. I recently listened to someone recount their experiences listening to Tuesday evening's debate after I myself had studiously avoided it...and was affirmed in that avoidance. If by this time you haven't figured out what you're going to do in this year's presidential election, I don't know what to say to you. But then again, these elections always seem to hinge on how the stupid, emotion-driven pain-in-the-ass last-minute undecided voters sway, don't they...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment