Saturday, September 14, 2024

Walked Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K This Morning

Today, on another Saturday morning in Gainesville and the third week in a row for a UF Gator home football game...with the accompanying crowded streets and coffee shops...I did my periodic speed-walk during the Depot Parkrun 5K, held at that park a few blocks south of downtown.  It was a steamy and foggy 74 degrees with 100% humidity, but that never bothered me with my walking.  Before the race they were celebrating the 250th Parkrun here in Gainesville...that's pretty cool.  A lot of people were out there, and even another speed-walker, a middle-age woman whom I had never seen before.  She passed me early on and I managed to keep pace with her until, after three of the four required laps, she finished...either tired or mistaken.  In any event, I wish more participants tried walking the course at a fast pace, but, alas, there I was pushing hard through the final lap alone.  I finished with a time of 39:15, not my best for walking but I had slackened off of my training this past week because of a doctor visit and anticipated testing...you can view this week's race results by clicking HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment