Responsibility without authority is slavery. ---Sijin BT
I actually was musing on the above topic and came up with the same result, only with "servitude" replacing slavery. The opposite is also revealing: authority without responsibility is tyranny...are you prepared to vote such a person into office this November? But when I consider the first statement, I find that it is the worst element of manipulation for someone...regardless of whether I am at work, doing some volunteering, or in other situations...to assign me a task without allowing any flexibility in executing it while often insisting in exquisite detail all of the specific things they insist on. When I encounter this kind of micromanagement attitude, I wonder why the other party doesn't do it instead...but of course, it's all about them having dominance and control, isn't it? Sijin BT is an Indian business trainer, focusing on sports. That's all I know about him, but he certainly got it right with the above quote...
No comments:
Post a Comment