Saturday, June 22, 2024

Ran the Hot, Muggy Depot Parkrun 5K This Morning

We've been blessed here in Gainesville to have one of the many Parkruns to participate in...originating in England, they're in many countries and states now.  And they're free, volunteer-driven: you just sign up online and get a barcode to take with you and scan after the race (5K) so your time can be posted on their site.  This morning I went out to Depot Park a few blocks south of downtown where it's held and was taken aback at the big crowd there, as well as the heat (76 degrees) and humidity (98%) at the 7:30 race time: not the formula for a fast run.  So I planned to do a "continuity" run instead, pacing myself and avoid getting overcome by the conditions.  Instead, I did a brisk run around the park and had a pretty decent finishing time of 27:41...click HERE to view the posted results.  And now, on to the rest of the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment