Sunday, May 26, 2024

Sinister Trend Shifting My Political Allegiances

I don't know whether others are feeling as I do, but I'm starting to feel a shift...a fundamental one...in my political leanings.  Not that the so-called "leaders" and candidates that I'm starting to lean toward are themselves worthy of following, any more than those I've preferred up until now...they're full of their own flaws and demagoguery.  And the chief one among them is, sorry to say, a complete buffoon who defines the word narcissism.  But I see something sinister and foreboding going on in my society, and it's being pushed primarily from the end of the political spectrum that I have been supporting for many years.  Comedian/commentator Bill Maher has covered this phenomenon extensively in his monologues on Real Time with Bill Maher, and I see it all around me in the media and corporate environment.  So that buffoon I mentioned notwithstanding, where I go this November 2024 election is up in the air.  But I'm realistic about it all, knowing that my one vote is just a drop in the ocean, and I don't pretend to tell you or anyone else what to think or do... 

3 comments:

  1. It was a bit over 30 years ago that I started to wonder if another US civil war was going to come to pass in my lifetime. Now I feel as if it's inevitable, and no matter who wins in November, they either won't want to or won't be able to stop it. But I haven't missed voting in a presidential election since I first became a registered voter in 1972 and I will be there in person to cast my vote again this year. As to where I go with my vote this year, it most certainly is not up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, after further reflection. 34 felony convictions for someone who at the time (2016) was yelling about his opponent "Lock her up!" but thinks himself to be above the law...and so do his millions of worshipers. Pretty scary stuff, but since when have things in life not been scary...they tend to change from year to year and decade to decade, both personally and news-wise. I will never support such a candidate since it all comes down to "this-one-or-that-one" binary politics, but I'm not so thrilled about some of the stuff going down on the other side either (prompting my article). Still, I think HRC would have been a good president. I just wish the Republicans wouldn't keep propping up their degenerate cult idol, especially when they had at their disposal other viable candidates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing, isn't it, why chose such a divisive person? Sometimes I wonder if it's even going to be possible for a really good candidate to get elected. With the advancement of AI and the necessity of huge sums of money to get the attention of the public, it's going to get harder and harder to pick through the noise and get an idea of which person truly stands for your own ideals. But this particular year, the choice is sadly quite clear.

      Delete