Sunday, January 21, 2024

Enjoyed the Weekend

It's been an enjoyable weekend for me and my family.  Melissa and I enjoyed a weekly 5K walk on frigid cold Saturday morning and enjoyed church on frigid cold Sunday morning.  Another factor contributing to that enjoyment is the fact that while I thought it was fun to follow the ongoing National Football League playoffs, I didn't just sit there through whole games, instead catching bits and pieces of the four contests while doing other things as well.  As for the teams that advanced, two games (Baltimore over Houston and Kansas City over Buffalo) went my way and two (San Francisco over Green Bay and Detroit over Tampa Bay) didn't.  The main highlight was the Chiefs' close victory over the Bills.  Now among the final four teams left to play in the conference championships, I'll pull for KC and Detroit...but if the other guys win, that's okay, too.  When family members ask me each year what I want for Christmas, I always make sure to include jigsaw puzzles in my responses.  I've enjoyed finishing one thousand-piece puzzle this weekend and starting another one right afterwards.  And we got ourselves a walking treadmill for our home use...works great so far, but you do have to be careful to stay focused and not slip up and get thrown off!  Finally, I thoroughly enjoyed deliberately avoiding the political BS going on this election year...I pity those addicted to politically biased cable channels and talk shows that drive their ratings and profits by ratcheting up fear, anger and hate among their audience.  And I intend to stay the course and pay attention to only stuff and people that merit my attention: screw the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment