Saturday, July 1, 2023

My June 2023 Running and Walking Report

This past month has been a bit of a trial regarding my running and walking...halfway through I experienced some back trouble that not only sidelined me from most any strenuous exercise but also made me miss work.  I'm still in recovery, so I'm afraid that not much will be happening in early July...and at the end of the month Melissa and I will be going out of town on vacation.  So, I don't see myself returning to a regular routine in running and walking...and that includes any races...until after the first week in August at the very earliest.  As for early June, I ran Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K on the 3rd and 10th, and occasionally visited my local gym after work to do treadmill jogging and speed-walking work...I reached a sustained 5 mph speed with the latter.  Of course, when I do return there in August or later, I will need to resume my training at a lower level...but I'm optimistic.  In any event, right now my running has taken a necessary back seat to my walking due to my back recovery. But I still intend to participate in local fall running races like the Florida Track Club's 10K event in October followed by a half-marathon in November. And when I'm ready to go back to Depot Park for their Saturday morning runs, I'd like to continue with a least one race each month being a full walk with the rest being runs...

No comments:

Post a Comment