Sunday, February 12, 2023

Super Bowl and Phoenix Open Headline Arizona Sports Today

Today the Super Bowl for the 2022 National Football League season will be held in Glendale, Arizona.  The Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles, two teams I actually rooted for (once the three Florida teams were eliminated in the playoffs), are facing off in a battle between Chiefs head coach Andy Reid's present and former teams.  For some reason I'm usually not all that into the Super Bowl and its hype...this year's no exception.  But I'll probably watch at least some of the game this evening...maybe with the sound down...and also probably completely avoid the halftime show, this year featuring recording star Rihanna.  Apparently, she's in some kind of social media feud with extreme narcissist Donald Trump because an old Tweet of hers from 2020 panning the Orange Man in profane terms resurfaced, and he read it and responded in his typical manner of belittling her and her talent.  I think Rihanna is definitely talented...I'm just not into the celebrityhood angle or the type of music she is involved with, so I'm skipping the show.  Down the road a few miles in the same state, the WM Phoenix Open in golf, with its strange stadium-bracketed 16th hole, is playing its final round with the leaderboard currently showing Scottie Sheffler with a two-stroke lead over a crowded field at the top...I'm more interested in how that turns out than the Super Bowl.  The game is supposedly evenly matched, but I've seen my share of Super Bowls that quickly went one-sided in spite of the surface equality between the two contestants.  Let's just hope that everyone gets out of it all in one piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment