Monday, February 13, 2023

Podcaster Discusses Ways to Increase Energy

On his Mindset Mentor podcast last Friday, personal development coach Rob Dial listed five suggestions to increasing energy throughout one's day.  I liked how he personalized his presentation, giving examples from his own life while encouraging the listener to follow their own experiences and what they have learned from them.  The first item was to select and listen to music that serves to energize...this to me makes a lot of sense because, for example, when I am doing long distance training runs I do better when listening to rousing music...in my case usually alternative rock...that does seem to energize me more.  Dial's second idea is about the people surrounding him...some are energizing ("batteries") while others are draining ("black holes").  He suggested hanging out with the former while diplomatic putting distance between oneself and the latter if possible.  While understanding his point, even though I tend to have a reclusive personality, I also acknowledge that we all live in community with one another and the diversity of "people types" is something that is a given and not necessarily open for much manipulation...nor should it be.  Thirdly, Dial emphasizes the need to control one's sources of information, and that includes social media like Facebook.  He claimed that recently he unfriended more than three thousand people...I've gone through some pruning in that regard as well while recognizing that my notion of "friends" differs from the shallower interpretation that Facebook gives it.  Dial avoids the news and all that opinion-piece blather plaguing cable news networks and social media...me, too, bro!  Number four on Dial's list is to pay attention to the food one eats...he recognizes that we have our own notions as to what's good or not, for himself he avoids processed foods and extolls occasional fasting.  Finally, he urges listeners not to depend too much on their own feelings when setting out on something, instead taking action up front in order to give themselves a chance to be motivated as well as summon up that energy that they may initially think is lacking.  Sometimes I think Rob Dial is right on target with his podcast message and sometimes he seems to be a little off the mark...this one worked for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment