Monday, January 9, 2023

New Year a Good Arbitrary Time to Seek Habit Changes

I like to think of the new year as an opportunity to break away from old destructive personal habits and set out on new goals.  From what I've picked up from others and my own experiences, changing one's life is largely a matter of changing those habits one at a time, and in measures that are attainable.  So, 2023 is a year like the others in that I'd like to improve my skills in certain areas and eliminate any toxic habitual behavior.  The temptation is to try to do a lot of things differently from the beginning, but right now I'm considering how to divide up and prioritize my projects.  Should be fun...of course, it's all a continuum whether it's January or July.  I've heard that it's best to focus on one habit in an area at a time and diligently see the change through for one hundred straight days until it becomes ingrained within me.  But first I need to sit, think, and write down what I want to change...the new calendar year is an arbitrary but convenient time to assess where I've been and where I want to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment