The best way out is always through. ---Robert Frost
The renowned American poet Robert Frost is probably best know for the line "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I...I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference" from his poem The Road Not Taken. With the above quote he emphasizes the need for people to face up to the challenges and problems in their lives and not, I believe, to seek confrontation or trouble. Everybody has problems, and each of us should recognize our own individual ordeals and shortcomings and deal with them...this requires a bit of courage, though, as well as a recognition that we sometimes cannot surmount our troubles on our own but need to rely on the community around us, starting with our loved ones. I have entered such a season in my own life when I need to deal with substantive medical issues, and for me the best way out is through some pretty extensive surgery, which is scheduled to take place next week. But I am looking forward to getting on the other side of all this and resuming my regular life and routines while planning for great things in the future. In the meantime I wrote out some blog articles in advance, which will be appearing here daily while I'm in the hospital...
No comments:
Post a Comment