As apparent by all the upsets occurring in yesterday's opening round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament, my bracket strategy of going with all the higher-seeded teams fell apart...as I knew it would since, as I said, upsets do happen. That still doesn't mean that I wasn't going with the best probability for success, considering that it's next to impossible to determine which games will be upsets. Besides, on Thursday with the four "First Four" games, the teams facing off each had the same seedings: my strategy couldn't apply to them and I would have needed to delve into each team's rankings to predict their outcomes (which I didn't do). Friday afternoon, fortunately for us Gator alumni and fans, the University of Florida, seeded 7th in their region, managed somehow to defeat Virginia Tech, 10th, in overtime 75-70 to advance against one of those upset winners, Oral Roberts, seeded 15th, who stunned 2nd seed Ohio State 75-72. UF should...I said should...get past them Sunday to make it to yet another Sweet 16 round. Although after getting home from work I watched some of the games on TV...they're spread out over multiple channels (at least for this round) like CBS, TNT, TBS, and TrueTV (which I don't get), while at work I got to listen on my Android to the game of my choice using the excellent TuneIn Radio app. There's more action for today...let's see if Florida State can't advance as well: they're playing UN-Greensboro this afternoon. This is a "bubble" tournament, with all the games in various sites in central Indiana and the players and staff sequestered...you'd think Purdue would do well here, but they, a 4th seed, were knocked off yesterday by North Texas, 13th. After Monday it should clear out considerably, with the remaining schools trimmed from 68 to 16 teams...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment